Turku Climate & Temperature
- Turku, Finland is at 60°30'N, 22°15'E, 59 m (194 ft). See map.
- Turku has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Turku is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 4.8 degrees Celsius (40.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 22.7 °C (40.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -2°C (28.4°F) on average falling to -8°C (17.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 7.3°C (45.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2.3°C (27.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.7°C (69.2°F) and average low temperatures are 10.3°C (50.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9.3°C (48.8°F) during the day and lows of 2.7°C (36.8°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 661 mm (26 inches) which is equivalent to 661 Litres/m² (16.21 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1770 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Turku you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Mcmurdo Sound, Antarctica where you would find a Ice Cap climate.
Turku Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Turku Climate Graph in Metric Units
Turku Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Turku, Finland Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Jyvskyl, Finland - 277.1 kms (172.2 miles) NE
- Kankaanp (Niinisalo), Finland - 148.6 kms (92.4 miles) N
- Tampere, Finland - 133 kms (82.7 miles) NE
- Lappeenranta, Finland - 327.3 kms (203.4 miles) ENE
- Jokioinen, Finland - 75 kms (46.6 miles) ENE
- Helsinki, Vantaa, Finland - 149.9 kms (93.1 miles) E
- Helsinki, Finland - 135 kms (83.9 miles) ESE
- Tallin, Estonia - 179.9 kms (111.8 miles) SE
- Tartu, Estonia - 345.1 kms (214.4 miles) SE
- Ainazi, Latvia - 317.8 kms (197.5 miles) SSE